These disappearing photos and videos popularized by Snapchat, are now available via Instagram Stories, and they’ll likely find a long-term place in your business’ marketing mix.
Stories have changed the way we use Instagram, turning the platform into something more than just your online photo album.
Why Spending Time on Stories That Will Just Erase Itself in 24 Hours?
In one study that interviewed 25 college students, researchers from Cornell University found that participants enjoyed Snapchat because it was fun, felt smaller than other communication channels and the ephemeral format made it less formal.
There are plenty more reasons for marketers and entrepreneurs to be excited about Instagram Stories:
- It’s active: Instagram reported 250 million daily users for Stories.
- Easy to create: you don’t have to spend much time editing the content. All you have to do is to open the app, go to the stories, take photos/videos, add some features like hashtag location, and that’s it.
- Test your ideas: wondering if your audience is going to like the new product? You can test your audience by uploading stories about the product, and see their reaction.
- A good number of features: Like Snapchat you have tools for drawing, placing stickers, adding augmented reality filters, and more. If you are familiar with Snapchat, you will notice that Instagram has copied most of Snapchat’s features.
- Drive traffic: Instagram is rolling out the ability to add links to your Stories. Right now this feature is only available for verified accounts, whereas Snapchat has this feature available for public.
Brands should think about their Instagram Story as they would any other content channel: ahead of time.